Let me tell you about our experience.
The tour prices are in addition to regular ticket price. And because of the nature of the tour (do everything without the wait) you have to get the park ticket with the park hopper. This is true for both Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando. If you haven’t been to Disney World it consists of four parks (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios). Universal Studios Florida is actually two different parks and each side has different major Harry Potter attractions. The Gringots bank is in one park and the Hogwarts school is in the other park.
The park tickets are not cheap. The addition of the multiple park option in one day is another add on. The VIP tours is then another cost on top of that. It’s a lot of money. No doubt. Is it worth it? I thought so. We don’t live near Florida and we don’t anticipate a return trip soon. It was important (as always) to be as efficient as possible with our vacation time. I always want to try and do as much as possible. I realize as with any trip you can’t do everything. But I do prioritize and choose what’s most important to us. And this time it was rides. We’d miss out on most of the “shows” but try to take in a fireworks extravaganza every night. The VIP tours really took the stress out of the planning for me. I didn’t have to try and figure out how we were were going to get to each ride, in what order or how to organize our fast passes. By doing the Disney VIP tour right at the beginning of the vacation we got all the major rides we wanted under our belt and that left the rest of our Disney time open to wandering around and actually stopping to smell the roses. It was nice knowing that we had ridden everything we wanted to (without the wait times) and now everything else was just icing on the cake.
I had a great time and had no regrets. I would recommend both tours. It was not cheap but this trip was in celebration of my birthday and what a birthday trip it was!
If I did it all over again this is what I would try to remember:
- Take public transportation to get to Magic Kingdom. Driving to the parking center and THEN commuting via boat or bus take FOREVER. boo
- Do not book Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for the same night as the VIP Tour
- Do not book anything after Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour. We also had dinner reservations at Beast’s castle.
- We made it to both dinner and Mickey’s VMCP after the tour but I was _EXHAUSTED_.
- Bring a bottle of water. Getting something to drink is difficult on a fast paced tour.
- Having ponchos in Disney is helpful especially if you don’t want to get wet on a ride.
- Having a backpack in Disney is ok. There are places to store stuff.
- Having a backpack at Universal is more of a hassle. Probably, I would have a bottle of water and sunglasses and that’s it.
- The Universal Studios VIP Experience comes with valet parking.
Details about each VIP Tour to follow.